I just got home after a super long day and I am starving.
While I love playing in the kitchen, it is not something I can do when I am tired and really hungry. When it comes to cooking weeknight meals, all I am thinking to myself is: “I ain’t got time for that.”
So when it comes to dinner, I like to keep it really simple. But simple does not mean boring or unhealthy. There are so many things you can make in less than 30 minutes. BTW, 30 minutes is my threshold, before I rage out. Trust me, hungry Deepanshi is not a pretty site.
One of my favourite brands when it comes to vegetarian proteins is Gardein. You will see a lot of Gardein products in my recipes.
Today, I am sharing to use Gardein’s Black Bean Burger outside a bun. While I love the classic veggie burgers on a toasted whole-grain bun, I thought it would be fun to change it up a bit and use this burger patty in a salad bowl.
You will need:
- 3 Cups of Fresh Kale, chopped
- 1Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Gardein BlackBean Burger
- 1/4 Cup of Salsa
- 2 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese
- Wash and chop Kale, massage with 1Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Defrost BlackBean Burger in microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds
- Sautee kale for 3-5 minutes ( I personally prefer raw greens over sautéed)
- In a oven toast black bean burger for 8 minutes on 350°F
- Slice toasted veggie burger into smaller slices
- In a large bowl mix together sautéed kale, salsa, black bean burger and garnish with parmesan cheese.
This post is unsponsored, all opinions are 100% my own and I’m a huge fan of Gardein products and eat them on the regular.
What are some of your favourite dinner options?